Sad News

by January 14, 2014 Latest News

rip

We have some terrible news, to tell everyone who follows the CWF webpage.

Our friend Kelley, the owner of CWF has passed away.

Kelley was a caring, loving young lady who left us too soon. She worked extremely hard to make CWF what it is today. She was very passionate about the things she loved, and managed to bring this community, that spans over numerous countries, together for our love over a common cause, thanks to her we have this amazing website.

We have lost a true friend, we will miss you Kelley. Her friendship will sorely be missed, but she will always be loved. We will always remember your kindness and keep you in our hearts.

This website will forever be her legacy.

Our prayers and thoughts go out to her family.

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost January 14, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Words can’t describe what I am feeling.

I will miss you my friend.

Clowngrrl January 14, 2014 at 5:08 pm

My heart is broken!! My thoughts and prayers go out to her young family! Such a terrible loss. She brought a lot of people together. I had no idea she was that ill. I will miss her. Very much.

Alaina FYCW January 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I’m absolutely heartbroken at this news.
Kelley was a pivotal part of this fan community.

She started everything off. I spoke to her on numerous occasions over the year and was privileged to know her. I remember sachertore and strudel and her daily dozen and i remember messaging her back and forth.

I’m really going to miss her.

Profile photo of mybabybluegirl lbklover January 14, 2014 at 5:40 pm

What horrific news – I had absolutely no idea that she was ill, and – actually – was just thinking of her recently and wondering how her graduate studies were coming along. PLEASE let us know in the CWF forum if there’s ANYthing we can do – for her family or in remembrance of her (I would also hope that contact could be made with Mr. Waltz’s representatives since Kelly was the one who was responsible for this fabulous site?).

Profile photo of Chelsea J Ashcroft Chelsea J Ashcroft January 14, 2014 at 5:44 pm

As Kelley left me in charge of CWF whilst she was going to do her studies, I will try everything I can; I will contact Mr Waltz’s representatives as soon as I can

Alaina FYCW January 14, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Let me know if i can be of any help Chelsea.
I told Kelley a while back that if there were server or website costs that I wanted to contribute. That offer still stands. In the meantime, if you are in touch with her family, please pass on my condolences.

Deborah Lazaroff January 14, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Hi, Chelsea, I made a call (see message below) to Lisa Kasteller, Christoph’s publicist, just to let them know, but as the website’s rep now you should definitely follow up with her. I believe Lisa knew about the fansite; her assistant, Stephanie, unfortunately did not. We know Christoph did. See if you can leave a message directly for Lisa. And please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you.

Profile photo of Alyssa dracowaltztard January 14, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Wait, Kelley’s dead? How did she die???

This is so sad. Not only was she the founder of CWFans, but she was a dear friend. Her Facebook posts (back when she had Facebook) about her son would brighten my day, and she helped me sort through some emotional baggage. I will miss her terribly.

Lisa R. Emig January 14, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Kelley brought so many people together from different countries and cities whose paths would not have crossed otherwise. It was a pleasure to get to know her and the other people involved with this site. Hard to believe that she is no longer with us. Thoughts and prayers to her husband and young son.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

augustrushtome January 14, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I just can’t even believe it.
We never met in person but right from the start she made me fit in.
I stumbled in here after seeing him in the Green Hornet and Kelley made me feel welcome. I wanted to know everything about him, she and this site helped me out.
She even helped me with a project I did on Christoph as my first speech in college.
She supported me and my book, even posting on here.
She helped me through a bad panic attack via faceook.
Kelley was wonderful person and I’m really going to miss her.
This was the first and the only fansite I ever made friends through and felt that I belonged. I know that her hard work will continue on has her legacy so other fans can communicate and can continue to form friendships.
I will keep her and her family in my prayers. and all of you.

Profile photo of alizabeth alizabeth January 14, 2014 at 6:21 pm

This is terribly sad, shocking news. I adored Kelley. I visit this site every single day, and have shared many emails with Kelley. My heartfelt prayers are with her husband and son, and all of her family,

Profile photo of karen alwaysthesea karen alwaysthesea January 14, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I am so sad and shocked to hear this news! I’m just at a loss for words…condolences to her family.

Kelly January 14, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Terribly sorry for the loss. Best wishes to friends and family.

Profile photo of Jenny Jenny January 14, 2014 at 7:20 pm

How sad and shocking news!
I have to say I didn’t know Kelley that well, only read a few postings here on this site, and she tried to help me register at the forums.
I assume she was a young lady.
This is really sad – I wish her family and friends much strength for the hard times!

Diane January 14, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I am shocked. Please keep us updated on this. She worked so hard to bring together us Waltz fans. Thank you for everything you did, Kelley, and for connecting each of us as fans. You will be missed.

Shelby T Mitchell January 14, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Prayers and thoughts are with her and her family. Really did not know she was very ill. Really glad that she gave us this page. RIP Kelley!

Peggy January 14, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I cannot believe it. Totally heartbroken.

Profile photo of Ein Bingo Suzanne Brownrigg January 14, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I am a recent addition to this site, and I remember some (general) posts from Kelley. I did not know that she was the originator of this site. I think Mr. Waltz would want to know. I never knew you, but rest in peace. Life is too short and I bless Kelley and (the) others who gave us this site where we could have joy in a mutual passion and interest that brought people together from many walks of life.

“Is it so small a thing to have enjoyed the sun, to have lived light in the spring, to have loved, to have thought, to have done.”
Matthew Arnold

Profile photo of shomangaka shomangaka January 14, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I was saddened to hear about this. My deepest condolences to her friends and family. Kelley was someone I respected because of the dedication and effort she would give to her passions. I will always feel grateful to her.

Profile photo of Jolly Joker Jolly Joker January 15, 2014 at 12:48 am

I am so sad and shocked. She was pursuing her study for the future and dedicated love to her son. How did she die and did she know her end? I am worrying about her young son and I extend my deepest sympathies to her family. Thank you Kelly for your passion and such a great fan site. Rest in peace.

Profile photo of Leyla Leyla January 15, 2014 at 1:28 am

I’m in shock and truly speechless, there are no words to describe this loss. I will always remember Kelley as a very friendly, caring, loving person. She will be missed dearly. My thoughts are for her family, they must be devastated.

Profile photo of Helle Helle January 15, 2014 at 2:03 am

Oh, Kelley, this is so sad. I have no words.

Profile photo of morane morane January 15, 2014 at 4:24 am

…no word…
thank for all the things she do for us… so sad…

Profile photo of melissa melissa January 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm

I am new to this site but am immensely thankful for the work that she put into this project. She must have been a wonderful person and I have the utmost respect for her work here. My prayers will be with her family at what is a terribly difficult time. God Bless Her.

Josh Rhodes January 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Profile photo of alizabeth alizabeth January 15, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Profile photo of jekkie34 jekkie34 January 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thank you Josh.

Alaina FYCW January 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thank you Josh.

Profile photo of Maggy Maggy January 16, 2014 at 10:50 am

I was shocked and so sad about that! ='(
I wrote a lot with her in the past and cannot believe what happened…

My heart goes out to you… <3

Michael Hope January 16, 2014 at 11:45 am

This is Michael, Kelleys Husband,
We are all devasted at her sudden passing, im am suffering immensly as she was my world, my best friend and my beautiful caring wife.
Our son is coping well, better than I and it is with his love that I am able to carry on and take each day as it comes, she was a blessing in every life she touched.
We thank each and every one of you for you kind works and support.
Micael and Aidan

Profile photo of Chelsea J Ashcroft Chelsea J Ashcroft January 16, 2014 at 11:48 am

We’re so sorry for your loss, Michael. Our heart’s go out to you and Aidan.
If there is anything we can do, just ask, we’re here.

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost January 16, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I’m so sorry, Michael. She was such a wonderful person and I feel privileged that our paths crossed and I could call her my friend.
Tell us if there is anything we can do for you.

Alaina FYCW January 16, 2014 at 2:52 pm

i’m so very sorry for your loss. kelley was a wonderful person and we here in the cw community were lucky to have her in our lives.
my thoughts are with you and your son at this difficult time.

Federica January 16, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I learned from Christoph Waltz Italy of the tragic death of Kelley. I don’t knew her, but I followed and appreciated a lot her work. I would like express my heartfelt condolences to the Kelley’s family and her friends.
I think that I haven’t more to say :'(

lilylonestar January 17, 2014 at 10:43 am

Shocked and saddened, I pray for the peace of her surviving family and friends. Remember the love always, and all the smiles she gave to us all over the world…
Thank you, Miss Kelley – for sharing your passion for that ‘Austrian Elf’, as you so aptly put! I’ll always think of you when I see him!

bnana January 20, 2014 at 10:02 am

Wish her go to the better world.
R.I.P