Der Rosenkavalier opens in Antwerp on December 15th

by November 28, 2013 Antwerp

Herr Waltz is currently directing his first opera, Der Rosenkavalier, it will première at Vlaamse Opera in Antwerp on December 15th.

Please visit the theatre’s official website, they recently published an excellent photoshoot.

Follow the link below for all official info about the production, including a link to purchase tickets:

Are you going to Antwerp to see Der Rosenkavalier? Please let us know in the forums!

amfars-20th-annual-cinema-against-20130523-201127-723

Profile photo of alizabeth Alizabeth December 3, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I so wanted to attend this. 🙁 I am so excited for him. I cannot wait to hear the reviews!!

Profile photo of Ein Bingo Suzanne Brownrigg December 5, 2013 at 9:02 am

Okay, Leyla. I asked him about Tarzan–since you will see him in Antwerp, can you please ask him about Pirates? Another bad idea, sigh. He’s making me crazy with these career decisions. Some reviewer compared him to Alan Rickman (whom I also think is hot, but not like C W). He jump-started his fame in the U. S. as the Eurotrash villain in Die Hard, but managed to wiggle out of that stereotype and started playing more sympathetic roles. Give him a call, Christoph!!!!
I am very envious of your trip and I hope you get some time with him–he will be a busy guy. Good luck and let us know how it went.

Leyla December 5, 2013 at 10:18 am

I did not publish anything about the PotC 5 rumours because they are – indeed – rumours. The website that first published the news is famous for being…gullible. The actual source is – according to a journalist I spoke to – not really informed about real facts. I believe they simply requested a meeting with his agent. We do not know if he already replied. IMHO he is too busy with Der Rosenkavalier to even think about PotC. We will know soon, but I wouldn’t book my ticket for PotC just yet…
PS Alan Rickman is one of my favorite actors, as CW he is smart, witty and he respects the script. I trust them both.

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost December 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

The fact alone that they are considering doing PotC 5 is bad enough. The franchise just got worse with each part and 4 was horrible enough. I really hope they are not doing this movie AT ALL. 🙁

Profile photo of Ein Bingo Suzanne Brownrigg December 5, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I agree with you, Ghost. But if it makes money, they do it and I believe that #4 (I only saw 1 and 2) did make money.

I’m sorry to keep ranting about his movie choices (or rumored choices), but he has got to try to break out of the Hans syndrome, although I know that it is not totally up to him. He did tell Susan Orlean that it didn’t matter what the part was–bad guy or good guy–as long as the part was interesting to him. I wish I had known about PotC 5 last October 5th–I would have been able to ask him about that too.

I’m not even happy about Horrible Bosses, but evidently that is confirmed. Sequels are (almost) never as good as the original.

I worry about him–I feel like his mother…..(well, not really). : ))

Leyla December 6, 2013 at 2:41 am

What I really hate are wild rumours. Lazy journalism at its worst! The Daily Mail? Really? I wouldn’t trust the Daily Mail with my local amateur soccer team results. They know nothing…and these non-news spread like wildfire. I refuse to believe anything that doesn’t have a trusted source.
As for CW, he is going to be fine, I trust his judgement 100%. We will know soon 🙂