Christoph Waltz to star in Big Eyes – a Tim Burton film!

by April 2, 2013 Big Eyes

tumblr_mkcmbn2RK41s3kd5co1_500

GeekTyrant has just reported that Christoph Waltz has signed on to star in Big Eyes, a true story, with Tim Burton directing and Amy Adams co-starring.

Deadline says:

The movie is based on a true story, and according to Deadline, Adams will play Margaret Keane and Waltz will play Walter Keane, “whose paintings of large eyed children became one of the first mass marketed art sensations in the 50s and 60s. Those prints sold in gas stations and every five and dime store across the country. While Walter was the marketing genius, he also took the bows for doing the brush work. He was a full fledged celebrity, a regular on the TV talk show circuit. His shy wife was the actual artist in the family. When they split and she tried to get her due, he painted her as being eccentric, and they ended up in court. There, a judge finally provided them with two easels and ordered them to prove it. Walter’s art reputation went down on the canvas when he begged off because of what he said was pain in his arm. She whipped up one of her trademark big-eyed works

Are you excited? We sure are! Tim Burton and Christoph Waltz – yet another renowned talent pairing!

Avatar of karen alwaysthesea Karen April 2, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Ah, this sounds exciting! I like Tim Burton a lot…and I know of the kitschy Keane paintings, but never knew their interesting story. Thanks for the news!

Avatar of jekkie34 jekkie34 April 2, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I know me and my bestie, Frugols, will be highly anticipating this.

It’s scarey, because we LITERALLY had a conversation about this yesterday of our two favs collaborating.

Rosenda Rose April 2, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh la emoción, me hicieron el día :)

Leyla April 3, 2013 at 6:36 am

This is AWESOME news. I’ve been a fan of Tim Burton since I was a teen and I dragged my pal to watch Edward Scissorhands. It was 1991…Actually it’s a long time I haven’t been this interested in a project by Tim Burton, probably since Sweeney Todd. It’s good news for us because this is a quality project, but it’s good news for Burton too because the buzz is the best he’s had in years. Everyone seems to be looking forward to it and I think Herr Waltz plays a considerable part in the collective excitment :)

My dream come true! Do you remember? I said it on your other side! :D
I like his movies very much! And Amy Adams is a wonderful actress! ;)

Avatar of shomangaka shomangaka April 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm

This seems like a great project! I am very much looking forward to it.

Mary April 5, 2013 at 8:40 am

He is so handsome…..such a great actor.

Avatar of alizabeth alizabeth April 6, 2013 at 8:26 am

Very excited for this !!

Megan April 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm

It’s nice to see Tim Burton deviate from his norm-that is-casting Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in whiteface. I hope he takes this as an opportunity to bring his film-making talents to a new level. Casting Christoph and Amy is a creative and exciting pairing, and I’m stoked to hear about this project! So happy for Christoph getting work with such a fascinating variety of directors. Gondry, Gilliam, Polanski, now Burton. What next??