The Third Epic – The Movie Trailer!

by March 13, 2013 Coming Soon

EPIC

Yesterday, the third trailer for Epic – the Movie was released and it is absolutely beautiful. The movie, based on the books by William Joyce, features a group of tiny people called The Leafmen who are fighting to save the forest from Mandrake (voiced by Christoph Waltz) A girl gets shrunk and ends up in the middle of the battle. This trailer features more lines by Mandrake and a better understanding of his role. Check it out!

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost March 13, 2013 at 10:56 am

The animation looks pretty cool so far, I just hope that the movie is more like the first Ice Age movie and less like Rio which was mediocre at best.

Profile photo of Christina Christina March 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Took the words right out of my brain!

Looks great from the trailers. I can’t wait to see Christoph in a kind of silly role. 🙂

Profile photo of Kelly The Bean March 13, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Ok, the talking slug reminded me of the animated rabbit in the Jimmy Kimmel parody trailer as a prime example of a character meant to be black and written by a white writer. Suspending judgement about the overall quality of the film….

Profile photo of Maggy Maggy March 14, 2013 at 9:49 am

It’s not his voice in the German version of it… I’m a bit afraid, because I hoped he would do it again… =S
I would see it only in English if he doesn’t dub himself!

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost March 14, 2013 at 11:12 am

It’s not unusual to use a different dubbing voice for a trailer when an actor isn’t available for doing it though. He dubbed himself in the 2nd trailer, probably just didn’t get around to do the 3rd one, too.
From what I read, they signed Oliver Kalkofe, Oliver Welke, Josefine Preuß and Reiner Schöne for the German version so here’s hoping they’re not screwing it up! 😀

Profile photo of Maggy Maggy March 15, 2013 at 8:15 am

Think you’re right – dankeschön! =)
I remember he didn’t dub himself in the “The Green Hornet”-trailer too and did it in the real movie then… 😉

Hex March 14, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Did y’all see that bit at the end?
“Ugly says what?” I beg to differ, LOL…