Charlie Rose – Again!

by February 15, 2013 About Christoph Waltz

waltzcharlierose

In case you missed it, Christoph Waltz was on Charlie Rose last night! We missed it also, sadly, but luckily it seems like the video will be online later today. Watch for it here!

EDIT: The video is in the On Demand section under Freeview

Profile photo of ChristophMe ChristophMe February 15, 2013 at 10:11 am

It’s a MUST SEE guys… Mr. Waltz gives insight on his Dr. Schultz character, his approach on portraying the character, and how he unofficially “got” the role from Quentin… things I’ve never heard before.. Charlie Rose asks thoughtful, intelligent questions and I get the feeling that Mr. Waltz really likes him as an interviewer… CW also talks about his family a little bit and moving from Berlin to America… GREAT INTERVIEW!!!! Can’t wait to watch it here again 😀 This week has been a WONDERFUL week to be a Christoph fan! He’s been all over the media

Profile photo of mybabybluegirl mybabybluegirl February 15, 2013 at 10:56 am

Definitely a great interview. CW was much more relaxed with Charlie Rose than the last time he sat down with him. I think CW respects him – as a professional and as a person – and knows that he won’t ask him any stupid questions (I mean, Charlie Rose is on “60 Minutes”!!).

There’s one part of the interview where they show the scene from “Django” where Dr. Schultz and Django have just saw down to drink their beers in the saloon, and Schultz is talking about his “job” as a bounty hunter. After the clip, CW told Charlie (and I’m paraphrasing) that “there’s something in that scene I hadn’t noticed before … When Django asks him [Schultz] what a bounty hunter is, [Schultz] doesn’t ask, “You don’t know what a bounty hunter is?” but immediately responds with an explanation that Django would understand.” Wonderful insight!

First time (and hopefully) not last of posting on this site. Just a great, great website (for an even greater actor – and human being).

Profile photo of alizabeth alizabeth February 15, 2013 at 10:37 am

Thank goodness for you putting these out here !! I’m was in dreamland and missed it while it aired !

Profile photo of jekkie34 jekkie34 February 16, 2013 at 5:00 am

He is having a FANTASTIC string of interviews lately. He’s beginning to peel back some layers and opening up a bit more 🙂 NPR, Gold Derby, Charlie Rose…..Thank you for these gems!

I could seriously listen to him read the Encyclopedia and hear his take about everything in it and be hanging on every word he says. So insightful!!!

wienergott February 16, 2013 at 7:18 am

Christoph Waltz and Charlie Rose seem to have lots of qualities in common : intelligence, insight, wit, refinement… There seems to be a mutual respect between the twosome. And it’s such a delight to watch these men go deeply into matters they talk about. And they could have been detectives, very good ones, I think.

Profile photo of Kelly The Bean February 16, 2013 at 8:06 am

The video won’t play for me off of the on demand website. Bummer.

(I’m using chrome, would another browser possibly work better?)

Profile photo of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) February 16, 2013 at 8:21 am

Try firefox. Also, don’t use any iDevice/mobile device.

Profile photo of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) February 16, 2013 at 8:24 am

There was a problem with the file name. I fixed it!