February 16, Christoph Waltz is hosting Saturday Night Live

by January 30, 2013 Coming Soon

359957510

LIVE FROM NEW YORK…

According to Entertainment Weekly, Christoph Waltz will be hosting the February 16th show. Alabama Shakes are the musical guests.

Excuse me while I just book my ticket to NYC RIGHT NOW… Is it too early to get in line for the audience?

Profile photo of jekkie34 jekkie34 January 30, 2013 at 3:18 pm

NO WAY!!!

How long have we been “petitioning” for this on Facebook?

Profile photo of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) January 30, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Ages! Oh my god, this is amazing, I want to go so badly… Apparently it’s a “queue up at 4 am to get standby tickets” thingy.

I. January 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm

There is no online live streaming, is there? 🙁 It might be a little complicated to come all the way to NYC from Europe.

Profile photo of Ghost Ghost January 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Can this really be true?! 😀

Lisa Emig January 30, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Sweet Jesus, can The Simpsons be far behind? My only regret is that Kristin Wiig is no longer on the show. I can only imagine a meeting between Denise from the Lawrence Welk Show and der Humpink.

Profile photo of jekkie34 jekkie34 January 30, 2013 at 5:00 pm

OMG!!! Der Humpink the hands!!!

Lisa Emig January 30, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I have a vision of her with a red bow on her frighteningly large forehead.

Profile photo of Amy Colorado Amy Colorado January 30, 2013 at 5:02 pm

OMG. This is going to be AWESOME! 90 minutes of Christoph comedy!

Profile photo of Kelly The Bean January 30, 2013 at 5:15 pm

If I still lived close to NYC I’d so be there… ugh….

Not that I’m biased but this is a seriously good choice on their part. IMO the best SNL guests have “serious” acting chops and have also done comedy so they are easy to work into whatever sketches they need, and obviously he fits the bill. This might even be better than Jon Hamm hosts.

Also, ALABAMA SHAKES ARE AWESOME!

Profile photo of Kelly The Bean January 30, 2013 at 5:16 pm

*missing comma between “comedy” and “so.”
** better than when Jon Hamm hosts.

Joshelyn January 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm

its said that the stand by tickets will be given at 7am

Profile photo of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) January 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I was reading on a site on how people did it, that the line starts forming at 4 am for the 7pm handoff

Megan January 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I knew it’d only be a matter of time-after watching his hijinks on Jimmy Kimmel, I knew he’d be a great guest on SNL. I haven’t watched the show in years (frankly, I don’t really like it anymore), but I know Christoph will make a splash. I always imagined it’d be insanely funny if Mike Meyers did a little guest appearance and did “Sprockets.” I can see Christoph with slicked back hair, lipstick, and little black clothes with a cartoony German accent. Can’t wait!

clown January 31, 2013 at 12:40 am

I am wondering what kind of sketches he will be in???

Profile photo of Maggy Maggy January 31, 2013 at 4:41 am

Great news! =D
Can’t wait! Maybe someone will upload it later?! 😉
That would be very nice…^^

Profile photo of Christina Christina January 31, 2013 at 10:01 am

Can’t wait to see this! Will be the first SNL I’ve watched in years and years.

laura.ps February 2, 2013 at 7:38 am

F*ck I just returned from NYC to Europe yesterday!!!!!
noooo :(((((

Profile photo of shomangaka shomangaka February 2, 2013 at 11:40 am

Good luck to Mr. Waltz!! hopefully the writers do a good job! I am looking forward to this =D

Profile photo of ChristophMe ChristophMe February 3, 2013 at 12:53 am

What will really be interesting is if he does a Dr. Schultz “Django” skit, but now he has to wear a FAKE beard and long hair! Oh I miss that sexy beard of his!!

MissesWaltz February 3, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I literally cannot wait! The writers better do him justice