BREAKING NEWS! Christoph Waltz and Terry Gilliam Team up for “The Zero Theorem!”

by August 13, 2012 Coming Soon

IndieWire.com is reporting that Christoph Waltz will be the lead role in Terry Gilliam’s newest film, “The Zero Theorem!”

Living in an Orwellian corporate world where “mancams” serve as the eyes of a shadowy figure known only as Management, Leth (Waltz) works on a solution to the strange theorem while living as a virtual cloistered monk in his home—the shattered interior of a fire-damaged chapel. His isolation and work are interrupted now and then by surprise visits from Bainsley, a flamboyantly lusty love interest who tempts him with “tantric biotelemetric interfacing” (virtual sex) and Bob. Latter is the rebellious whiz-kid teenage son of Management who, with a combination of insult-comedy and an evolving true friendship, spurs on Qohen’s efforts at solving the theorem. But these visits turn out to be intentional diversions orchestrated by Management to keep control of Qohen’s progress. Bob creates a virtual reality “inner-space” suit that will carry Qohen on an inward voyage, a close encounter with the hidden dimensions and truth of his own soul, wherein lie the answers both he and Management are seeking. The suit and supporting computer technology will perform an inventory of Qohen’s soul, either proving or disproving the Zero Theorem.

The film will be shooting in Romania, and is due to start production on October 22nd, with pre production already occurring.  Are you excited about a sexy Sci-Fi role for Mr. Waltz with one of cinema’s greatest directors? I AM!

EDIT: Just discovered that Waltz is co-producing this also! Congratulations, Mr. Waltz!

Avatar of shomangaka shomangaka August 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm

This is great news!! I am giddy with excitement!

Avatar of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) August 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I AM TOO… Oh my god, I’m more excited about this than I am Django. I LOVE TERRY GILLIAM… the Fisher King and 12 Monkeys are two of my favorite films. A role like this is a truly different, unique part for Waltz, and to have the lead, PLUS a co-producer credit, it’s amazing… I’m so completely thrilled for Mr. Waltz to be involved in this, and I think it will be a true challenge for him on so many levels and the kind of work that is worthy of him!
I’m also THRILLED that none of the rumors I heard earlier came true. :-D I’m absolutely ecstatic about this project!!!!!!!

That’s great news, I’m delighted! :D

Avatar of Alyssa dracowaltztard August 13, 2012 at 5:34 pm

The only thing that’s preventing me from getting TOO excited is that, while Gilliam is a talented director, he has a history of abandoning projects. I really, really hope this news isn’t too good to be true.

clown August 13, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Welll……let’s hope for a nice haircut! Hah!

Christoph Waltz Mexico August 13, 2012 at 8:38 pm

We are very excited with the news. Thanks Sacher

Avatar of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) August 14, 2012 at 4:30 am

Always thrilled to find out new things like this! :-D I’m still giddy about it all!

Can’t wait! =D