News about “It is No Dream”

by July 27, 2012 Coming Soon

“It is No Dream” gets a trailer and release date!

Recording of "It is no dream"

The upcoming documentation “It is No Dream: The Life of Theodor Herzl” by Moriah Films featuring Christoph Waltz as the voice of Theodor Herzl an Sir Ben Kingsley at the narrator gets a trailer and a release date.
Directed by Richard Trank, the movie explores the life of the journalist and playwright Theodor Herzl, the father of the modern state of Israel.
The movie premieres on 10th August in New York in the Quad Cinema. Check out the Quad Cinema website for more information.

Watch the trailer here:

[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D8CdfCZa2XOI img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/8CdfCZa2XOI/0.jpg embed=true share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]

Visit the Official website for more information.

Must see and hear!!! =O
He has the voice to speak stories like that. Absolutely great! Can’t wait… =)

Avatar of Kelley (Sacher) Kelley (Sacher) July 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Agreed! I am wondering if they’d permit us to do a special screening on CWF.

Hope so! =)

Avatar of shomangaka shomangaka July 28, 2012 at 12:33 am

Am so glad Christoph Waltz is doing so many different projects, the harder he works the more i will support him ^o^ ganbatte kudasai ne!

That’s Japanese, isn’t it?! ;)

Avatar of shomangaka shomangaka July 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm

yeah sorry, i just don’t think there is any better way to say “do your best” than ganbatte kudasai

I’ve understand it very well.^^

Avatar of shomangaka shomangaka August 10, 2012 at 3:07 am

new interview of the director of this project, he mentions how Christoph Waltz got involved. Here is the link:

excerpt:
“Then we were trying to figure out who we could get to read Herzl’s own words. I happened to be watching Inglourious Basterds and listening to [Christoph Waltz's] voice; I know it’s an odd thing that he was playing an SS guy, but I like to go with unexpected choices for our narrators. This goes back to the mid 90s when, before he was ubiquitous, we had Morgan Freeman narrate The Long Road Home. So I thought Christoph Waltz would be a really interesting choice for this and we knew somebody who knew him. We got an email address for his manager and we heard back right away from him that he would be honored to do it. He had been working on Django Unchained for Quentin Tarantino and he fell off a horse and broke his pelvis!

This is shortly after he agreed to do this for us and we had heard he was in the hospital and we didn’t know what we were going to do because we figured he wouldn’t be able to do it from us. My producing partner was asked to speak at a panel at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences marking the 50th anniversary of Judgement at Nuremberg. Maximilian Schell and a number of the other actors who had been in the movie spoke on this panel. He circulated through the crowd after the event and I was in London taping Ben Kingsley. I get a call from Los Angeles and it’s Christoph Waltz. He had come to this event on crutches and had run into my partner. And he said, “I’m ready when you need me.” So I came back to L.A. and we recorded him. It was a wonderful experience. As it turns out, Christoph Waltz’s grandparents were actors in Vienna reportory company. It is very likely that they had acted in plays that Herzl had written. It is one of the many odd coincidences that cropped up on this project.”

What a great find! :D

Thank you for sharing this with us :)