Gala Premiere of Carnage and LACMA – UPDATES WITH PHOTOS

by November 6, 2011 Carnage

Kelly B. (Assistant Administrator) with Christoph Waltz 11/05/2011

Yesterday we had the great privilege of attending the LACMA TimesTalk event with Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly.

It was so amazing to be so close to Mr. Waltz at the Q&A (we were literally less than five feet from him in the front row), and for him to be so happy to see us.

Watch live streaming video from nytimes at livestream.com

(Kelly B and CWF are introduced after the 45 min. mark)

Later that evening we attended the AFI Fest Premiere of Carnage at Grauman’s Chinese Theater and had the good fortune of seeing Mr. Waltz again. We were not on the red carpet as we were in the line waiting to be admitted to the theater, but here are two videos from the red carpet.

(Notice how he prefers being addressed as Mr. Waltz… please, remember to show him respect and good manners!)

Thank you to LACMA, New York Times, AFI, and of course to Mr. Waltz for the kindness that he continues to show to CWF and our members, and the generous sharing of his time for these events.

Photos!

Avatar of jekkie34 Jekkie34 November 7, 2011 at 7:35 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love the “It only works for a short time” quip. Goes to show the Paparazzi business is just downright competitive and ugly. Honestly don’t know how the celebs handle it.

In retrospect, I’m kicking myself for not phrasing the “Der Humpink” question differently. What I was trying to get at was (and I should have just asked it this way), “What was going through your mind after you have won the Oscar, and realized the next bit people were going to see you in (immediately after) is you ‘dry humping’ furniture?”.

Kelley (Sacher) November 7, 2011 at 9:50 am

Incidentally, you have far less inhibition than me as I could never say “dry humping” to CW, ever in a million years. Especially in a public venue. I’d be terrified that he would hate me forever.

Avatar of jekkie34 Jekkie34 November 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I probably would have phrased it more like “having your way” with furniture….but that’s pretty long winded ;)

Kelley (Sacher) November 7, 2011 at 9:19 am

Well, don’t feel bad. I’m kicking myself for my brain not working to think of anything appropriate to ask him. He *LOVES* CWF and yet I’m still scared to talk to him?!

Peggy November 7, 2011 at 11:19 am

You both have bal…I mean courage. I would have been glued to my seat.

clowngrrl November 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I just woke up from being on the road and the first thing I do when I wake up? Check out your webpage to see what I missed!!!! Yea!!!!

clowngrrl November 7, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I’ll say this: I’m glad you made him feel special by having someone from the fanclub there. John C. Reily’s response was classic!

Avatar of jekkie34 Jekkie34 November 8, 2011 at 2:38 am

I think I just caught his appreciation of me NOT using the “V” word. Did I hear a small “Thank You” right after I said it?

Yamina November 8, 2011 at 3:00 pm

First; dont take this as an assault or sth.! you wrote in your text:

It was so amazing to be so close to Mr. Waltz at the Q&A (…), and for him to be so happy to see us.

When you say that he was happy to see you, do you refer to his reaction when you introduced yourself in the video and asked him your question or did you get the chance to meet him before or after the interiew and thats the situation you referring to, saying he was happy to see you? Maybe its just me but he didnt seem that overwhelmed to see you guys after you introduced yourself, so im just curious if you got the chance to meet him again that day ? or maybe i oversaw sth. during the video? did i miss sth.? hope not :/ sorry for my bad englisch :)

by the way, reilly seems like the funniest man on earth! LOVE him :)
greetings from berlin

Kelley (Sacher) November 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Kelly B. (Jekkie34) ran into him later that evening, and I am referring to the conversation that he had with her at the premiere of Carnage. He was very happy to see her, and he said the Q&A was “fun” and that he was glad to see us. He expressed that he would “See her next time”. He took the above photo with her and shook her husband’s hand and gave them several minutes of conversation before having to leave. If Kelly B. (Jekkie34) decides to tell the entire conversation, that is her choice, however I stand by what I have written as being accurate as to Mr. Waltz’s feelings.

Also it was Kelly B. (Jekkie34) who asked the question, not me. I was sitting in the front row. I did not speak in the Q&A.

Avatar of jekkie34 Jekkie34 November 10, 2011 at 3:07 am

I spoke with Mr. Waltz after the Carnage Premiere. He greeted my husband and I with a big smile, and graced us with his gratuitous manner of appreciation. He was interested with what were representing with CWF. He spent about 5-6 minutes speaking with us before he had to leave for the Premiere Party.

clowngrrl November 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Now I gotta ask: where were your red bows??? :)

Kelley (Sacher) November 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I can’t speak for Kelly, but my husband keeps mine.

Deborah Lazaroff November 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Congratulations on another great meet-up! Kelly B., you must officially be known as his premiere “stalker”. ;-D I’m so glad all of you had a good time. What did he talk about with you and your husband, Kelly?