BREAKING NEWS: IT IS CONFIRMED THAT CHRISTOPH WALTZ WILL BE STARRING IN DJANGO UNCHAINED AS A GERMAN BOUNTY HUNTER
The only cast member that WME can officially confirm is Christoph Waltz, who joins up with former slave Django to save his wife from an evil plantation owner.
So far, what we know to be true (confirmed) is:
1. Franco Nero started the rumor saying that there was a script in the works for a “Spaghetti Western” by Quentin Tarantino
2. Quentin Tarantino confirmed that he was writing a script
3. Uma Thurman also confirmed it, and said that it was a southern kind of western
4. Christoph Waltz doesn’t flat out-deny it in Water for Elephants promo interviews, yet doesn’t feed the rumors
5. When our own Jekkie34 met Christoph Waltz after Water for Elephants, she complemented the beard/glasses and he told her that by next month he’d look like Santa Claus. (Why the need for the huge beard in the summer if not for a role of some description?)
6. Last night, a page resembling the front page of Inglourious Basterds surfaced on Twitter with the title “Django Unchained”.
7. According to the Tarantino Archives, Quentin’s agency confirmed it and sent them a better photo (a Tarantino Archives exclusive!)
8. CHRISTOPH WALTZ IS CONFIRMED TO BE STARRING IN THIS FILM.
RUMORED STORYLINE: Django is a freed slave, who meets with a German Bounty Hunter (Waltz?) who teaches him how to become a bounty hunter. Then the Bounty Hunter and Django set off on a quest to rescue Django’s wife from the plantation.
RUMORED CASTING: Django – still unknown (Samuel L. Jackson?), Franco Nero – somehow tied into it
ChristophWaltzFans.com will publish further information when it is CONFIRMED – and preferably by Christoph Waltz himself. (We’d rather be correct, than first.)